Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week Four

This week wasn't much different than the last week but I noticed that some of my organisms had died. I couldn't find nearly aything near the bottom but the open water was completely full of small organisms. They were a lot more dense than last week. Another interesting thing that I found was that there was different planes of organisms when I looked at it in the microscope. I assume that is because som organisms clung to one side of the glass while the others clung to the other glass. I also found a lot of colonial diatoms that were not present last week. A lot more protists were present also.

I think that the reason that the organisms were more prevalent near the middle is because there is a lot of cyanobactria which produce food for the other heterotrophic organisms. Other than that though no changes have occured and it seems that my aquarium has reached a stagnent stage.

No comments: